Wednesday, April 4, 2012

1989 Video Games

Feeling nostalgic?  I have!  So since I have been going back and replaying some older titles, I figured I would share my thoughts on some of 1989's biggest video game hits.  I'll start off with my top ten list, followed by some brief reviews/ratings.


My Favorite Video Games from 1989
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
9. Adventures of Lolo (NES)
8. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES)
7. River City Ransom (NES)
6. Batman (NES)




5. Little Ninja Brothers (NES)


4. DuckTales (NES)


3. The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle (NES)


2. Minesweeper (PC)


1. North & South (NES)


See more of my lists, reviews, and ratings here!


Adventures of Lolo (NES): 3/5
Interesting puzzle game, mildly entertaining, if only for a bit.


Back to the Future (NES): 1/5
Yuck.  This may be the worst film-to-game adaption ever.


The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle (NES): 4/5
A fun little 2D platformer, quite entertaining, especially at a young age.


North & South (NES): 4/5
One of my favorite early strategy games, it's a unique hybrid with turn-based moves followed by real-time battles.


River City Ransom (NES): 3/5
Beat 'em up games have never exactly been a favorite genre of mine, but this is one of the best from this generation.


Strider (NES): 3/5
I really enjoyed the combat and platforming aspects of this title, however it is quite annoying to sit through the same opening cutscene repeatedly without being able to skip it.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES): 3/5
Combat is fun and involving, but some horrific level design in certain spots nearly ruins the game.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, The Arcade Game (NES): 3/5
I actually prefer the combat in the first NES TMNT game more, but I prefer this game as a whole due to the other's awful platforming mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment